Dilapidations – Section 18 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1927
Expert advice covering the notoriously complex area of dilapidations and diminution in value. If you are the tenant or landlord of a commercial property, you will likely have to consider the impact of dilapidations during the term of the lease and almost certainly when the tenant vacates, it’s imperative to get expert advice.
We offer the following services:
- Serving of notices
- Dilapidation and Scott Schedules
- Dilapidation advice during the and at the end of the lease
- Section 18(1) Valuations quantifying the diminution in value of the landlord’s interest
- Expert Witness Instructions
Our professional Chartered Surveyors will ensure that the terms of the lease are correctly interpreted and offer expert advice that saves you money.
Whether you’ve been served a notice during the lease or approaching the end of term we offer the following services:
- Responding to Landlord’s notices
- Liaising with Landlord’s legal and surveying representatives
- Interpretation of key lease clauses
- Preparation of Tenant’s schedule of dilapidation and Scott Schedule
- Section 18 (1) Valuations which can form the basis to a tenants defence. Especially important if the Landlord plans to substantially alter or redevelop the property.
Contact us today for an informal chat and find out how we can save you money.